History of Edgar, Dunn & Company
Over the past one-third of a century, Edgar, Dunn & Company has grown into a global leader in financial services and payments consulting
In September, 1978, Jim Edgar, Peter Dunn, and Todd Conover founded Edgar, Dunn & Conover in San Francisco California. Their objective was to create a company that held to its values of:
- Integrity and Trust – In all of the firm’s relationships
- Superior Quality – In our work product, thinking and people
- Unique Insights – So clients can benefit from our thinking
- Positive Results – So that what we do matters
Specialization in Financial Services and Payments
The firm began as a general management consulting firm, but through early work done with an international card association and with several West Coast banks, the firm quickly developed a specialization in payments and financial services
- After Todd Conover left the firm to become head of the US National Banking System as Comptroller of the Currency, the firm was re-named Edgar, Dunn & Company
EDC was sold to ICF in 1990, but it was re-purchased by the original partners and re-formed in 1992.
- In 1992, the firm also opened its Atlanta office
- From 1992 - 2000 EDC continued to expand as clients asked for consulting support in Europe and Asia. The firm’s London and Sydney offices opened in 1992 and 1996 respectively, and through these offices the firm emerged as a global provider of consulting services to the payments and financial services industry
In December 2004, the firm’s Frankfurt office was opened to meet the needs of clients in Germany and Eastern Europe
- In 2008, the firm opened its Paris location to locally serve the growing needs of our French clients
- After over a decade of serving our Latin American clients from our U.S. locations, at the beginning of 2012, the firm opened its Mexico City location to serve its growing client base within Latina America.
Positioning for Future Growth
- Throughout its history, the firm has continued to expand upon its global knowledge base of traditional payment products (e.g., cash, check, bank transfer, and payment cards - credit cards, debit cards, corporate cards) and its experience serving the entirety of the payments value chain
- The firm's global footprint maintains a close proximity with the world's most prolific entrepreneurial hubs, such as Silicon Valley, and over the past decade, we have been at the forefront of emerging payment technologies and rapidly expanding companies tackling their global challenges. We are now trusted advisers to most of the leading payment technology companies in mobile payments, EMV and payment security infrastructure, prepaid card products, and alternative acquiring strategies
Today, EDC serves clients in over 45 countries from its locations in Atlanta, Frankfurt, London, Mexico, City, Paris, San Francisco, Singapore, and Sydney.