To understand the current adoption of Alternative Forms of Payments (AFPs) in the airline sector and future trends, UATP and Edgar, Dunn & Company (EDC) collaborated to publish this State of the Industry report. Discover the latest figures on acceptance of AFPs across channels and regions, the levels of channel optimisation as well as the challenges and opportunities in the airline sector.Some of the key findings of the report were the following:
- 85% of surveyed airlines accept AFPs for their online direct sales, and over half of airlines surveyed accept at least two AFPs
- Airlines’ AFP acceptance strategy for online direct sales vary significantly across regions
- The overall market share of AFPs for online direct sales is 28%, but this share varies significantly across regions
- The majority of interviewed airlines are interested in enabling AFPs via travel agents by leveraging the NDC standard
- Airlines expect an increase in AFP market share of +6% in Europe and +4% in Asia-Pacific, mostly driven by real-time bank transfers and by wallets
UATP and EDC would like to thank the 60 airlines that took the time to share their perspective, experience, and approach to payments. We believe that this report will provide a useful insight for the industry.
The content of this article does not reflect the official opinion of Edgar, Dunn & Company. The information and views expressed in this publication belong solely to the author(s).